Have to travel when bad weather is predicted? Make sure to have these Winter Car Emergency Essentials in your car before you head out.
Ideally, when the weather is bad you should stay home but the reality is sometimes you just have to head out on the road. If you do have to travel then make sure you are ready for the unexpected, because if you get stranded it might be a while before you get moving again.
Winter Car Emergency Essentials
- Full tank of gas
- Cash on hand
- Ice Scraper
- Water for 24 hours
- Food and Snacks like fruit and granola bars
- A day’s supply of prescription medications
- Map (to look for alternate routes)
- Flashlight w/batteries
- Fully Charged Cell phone and portable charger
- First Aid kit
- Extra bottle of windshield washer fluid
- Change of clothing, especially socks in case they get wet.
While no one wants to think about being stranded for hours on the side of the road I hope these tips make sure that you are safe and as comfortable as can be expected if you do get stranded.