Well it’s February and that means one thing…it is COLD. On cold days like today I love to stay home and bake, it is such a comforting and cozy feeling baking with my kids, we all enjoy the extra special treats and the added bonus is that using the oven helps warm up the house!
With Valentine’s Day being right around the corner, I thought it was a perfect time to whip up a batch of Valentine’s cookies for my little Valentines. These cookies are easy to make so they are perfect for my kids to help with, they are festive enough for Valentine’s Day parties and they taste great.
Valentine’s Cookies Recipe
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 sticks butter softened
- 1¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 package M&M's in pink, red and white colors
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt. Beat butter, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla in your stand mixer until creamy.
- Add eggs and beat well. Beat in flour mixture until well mixed.
- Stir in M&M Crispys and drop by spoonfuls on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes until just lightly brown.
- Cool on wire rack.
Other Valentine’s Day Recipes