Disclosure: I’m proud to partner with CVS/pharmacy for the #StayHealthyWithCVS campaign. I am being sponsored by CVS/pharmacy for my posts and activities, but all opinions expressed are my own. All product claims or program details shared should be verified at CVS.com or with the appropriate manufacturers. #StayHealthywithCVS
Earlier this week I traveled to Philadelphia for a Meetup with the folks from CVS/Pharmacy. Now, if you know me, I LOVE CVS/Pharmacy. Many years ago, when I was in college I worked at CVS and I have been a loyal shopper since.
At this meet up, we heard how CVS/Pharmacy has committed to helping families live a healthier lifestyle through better labeling, offering snacks like their Gold Emblem Abound Line, which is free from artificial preservatives and flavors, no trans-fat. We also learned how CVS is adding hundreds of new, fresh refrigerated and healthier food items including Kashi, Annie’s Homegrown and Cascadian Farms.
In addition to the updated food offerings, CVS/Pharmacy will be offering a new and expanded line of condition-specific OTC offerings under their new and improved label of CVS Health. These health and wellness offerings will help with conditions such as arthritis, wound care, the common cold and the flu.
Speaking of the flu, did you know that CVS/Pharmacy also offers the flu vaccine? More than 7,800 CVS/Pharmacy stores and nearly 1,000 Minute Clinic locations inside CVS/Pharmacy stores offer the flu shot every day, including evenings and weekends, with no appointments needed.
Here are some easy Tips to Avoid the Flu
- Get the Flu Vaccine–Are you one of the 58 % of Americans who get the flu vaccine every year*? I know I am, and my family gets it every year as well.
- Wash your hands…often!–Washing your hands often with soap and water is a great defense against the cold and flu. Don’t have access to a sink? Then use antibacterial hand sanitizer to keep germs away.
- Keep your nasal passages moist–did you know that if your nasal passages are dry and cracked you are more likely to get sick? My son who has sinus issues and is a swimmer uses saline spray every night before bed to keep his nasal passages moist.
- Eat healthy and take a multivitamin or probiotic to keep your immune system at peak performance.
- Minimize contact with others who are sick and if you end up sick yourself, stay home!
Followed these tips and STILL got the flu? Then CVS/Pharmacy has just what you need to feel better! From Nighttime Cold relief, to cough supresents, to all day pain relief, you can find just what you need to get the rest and relief that you need to get better quickly and at a great value too!
One lucky NEPA MOM Reader will win a CVS/Pharmacy prize pack that includes an assortment of CVS Brand Products and a CVS Gift card. All you have to do to win is enter below.