This summer I am participating in a Summer Blog Hop where each month we have a new topic to blog about.
- May –Our Town–5 Kid Friendly Things to do in NEPA
- June– recap or share highlights from the past decade of your life
This year is a big year for me in that I will be turning 40 in October. Growing up 40 seemed so old and now to be honest, it seems like no big deal. There have been a lot of changes in my life though in the past 10 years so here is a short list of the big things that have happened. I hope you enjoy getting to know me a little bit from this list and make sure to check out all the other posts from some fellow bloggers.
1. We went from a family with 2 kids to 5 kids–10 years ago I had a 2 year old and a almost 1 year old and in that time I have added 3 more kids. As a family of 7 we attract more than our fair share of attention at times–especially since I have 4 girls!– but our large family is a blessing and I can’t imagine it any other way. My older four kids are all close in age but we waited 4 years until we had our 5th child so in many ways it was like we were starting over. It has been a fun and loud 10 years for sure!
2. This June my husband and I will be married 15 years. The first years of our marriage we moved a lot due to my husband’s job (we moved 7 times in 7 years and some years we moved more than once!) but for the last 7 years we have lived in the same house –in fact, we bought the house that my parents owned so we now live in the house that I lived in from my college years and one. This is the house that my husband picked me up from for our first date, proposed to me in, where my oldest son took his first steps during a weekend visit to my parents and where I have now brought 2 babies home from the hospital to. It is a house full of memories for sure!
3. We decided to homeschool our children–man that was a big decision and one that has forever changed our lives. We decided to homeschool our children when my oldest was in preschool so we have been homeschooling for more than6 years now. Other than 1 year in preschool for my oldest when he was 3 it is the only thing my kids have ever known. This upcoming school year I will have a 6th grader, 5 grader, 3rd grader, 2nd grader and a 3/4 year old.
4. I started a blog and it has become so much more than I ever expected. I started blogging a few years ago as a way to share events of interest to parents in my local area and over the years it has grown and evolved into so much more! I now have a nationwide audience, do blogger outreach and Twitter parties for both local and national brands and am a founding partner in a new blog conference being held this September called the Build Your Influence Summit. My blog has allowed me to touch peoples lives and has allowed my family to do some pretty cool things so I am thankful for that.
That’s it for now and your look into what has changed in my life in the past 10 years. I can’t wait to see what the next 10 and my 40’s has to offer!
Please make sure to visit the other Summer Blog Hop participants and see how their lives have changed over the past 10 years as well.
The Last Ten Years from Wendy Miller
I hope you enjoyed this peek into our lives! Make sure to check out our July Blog Hop next month!