Just a few weeks ago three of my kids and myself all got the stomach bug within a few days of each other and one thing I realized while sick was that there are some things that EVERY mom needs to have in the house before she gets sick.
Thankfully, my husband was able to work from home while I was sick so I didn’t have to worry about much but having these items in the pantry and already in the house made everything much easier.
Here is my list of things to have in case in you get sick:
1. Gatorade–Thankfully I had some in my pantry from when my older kids got sick a few weeks prior otherwise we would have had to head out to get some. Once we were feeling more human we were all craving Gatorade and I really feel that by drinking once I was up to liquids really helped me feel better quicker since I wasn’t dealing with dehydration.
2. Lots of Laundry Detergent– I always try to have some extra in the house and with that many people feeling sick my washer was going constantly. I can’t even imagine how far behind on laundry we would have gotten if I didn’t have enough laundry detergent in the house.
3. Paper cups and plates–These were a lifesaver since the kids were able to use paper cups and plates and not dirty tons of dishes. Even under the best circumstances we run our dishwasher once or twice a day so I can’t even imagine how quickly we would have run out of clean dishes.
4. Netflix– I will admit, while I was sick not much was getting done and Netflix was a lifesaver, especially when trying to keep the youngest (who was also sick) happy and entertained and in one room with me.
5. Easy to prepare breakfast foods and snacks– My husband and older kids were able to pull out these El Monterey Signature Breakfast Burritos any time of day and have a nutritious and quick snack that didn’t involve me having to cook anything–and that is definitely a #MomWin! Want to try El Monterey Signature Breakfast Burritos for yourself? Make sure to print out this $1 off coupon today because when you can save money and time everyone wins!
What do you keep on hand for those moments when mom gets sick?