Mother’s Day is fast approaching and many moms in the Northeast PA area like to submit their photos for the Scranton Times annual Mother’s Day 2014 edition on May 11. This is such a fun way to document how your children have grown in the past year and I love to relax on Mother’s Day and look through the paper for all of my friends and their kids.
The Scranton Times Mother’s Day Edition deadlines for photo submission are fast approaching however, so if you haven’t gotten your photos done yet your better act fast!
According to the Scranton Times online the Scranton Times Mother’s Day Edition Deadlines and submission information is as follows:
- — submit 5-by-7-inch or 8-by-10-inch studio-quality portraits (black
- & white or color) to Mother’s Day, The Times-Tribune, 149 Penn Ave.,
- Scranton, Pa., 18503, or deliver in person to the customer service
- desk of The Times-Tribune.
- — urge photographers to use white or light non-patterned backgrounds
- and avoid filters of any kind to soften the photograph for the best
- newspaper reproduction of photos. A matte finish is preferred.
- — submit photos by Friday, March 21 to be eligible for the random
- selection process used to determine which photos will appear in color.
- Meeting this deadline does not guarantee color publication. Photos
- received on or before March 21 must be accompanied by $40. The fee
- includes a copy of the 2014 Mother’s Day edition which each
- participant will receive when picking up her photo. Photos submitted
- between March 22 and Friday, April 11 will not be eligible to appear
- in color and must be accompanied by $50. Photos received after April
- 11 will not appear.
- — make payments by check or money order (payable to The
- Times-Tribune). Please do not send cash. Cash & credit card payments
- (VISA, MasterCard or Discover) will be accepted only if photo is
- delivered in person.
- — include mother’s name, daytime phone number, local address and
- names of children, as they appear from left to right. Please legibly
- print on the back of each photo. Information will not be changed once
Note: If the family resides outside The Times-Tribune circulation area, the back of the photo must include the family’s connection to the Scranton area. In addition, mothers may have their photos published in both The Sunday Times and The Sunday Voice, Wilkes-Barre, or an additional $10 fee.
If you have any questions regarding the Mother’s Day edition, please contact Chris O’Hora, Customer Service, (570) 348-9100 ext. 5224.
Let me know if I should look for YOUR family on Mother’s Day!