Today I am sharing with you one of my absolute favorite meals and trust me, it is SO simple to make!
I love, love, love Chicken Marsala, it has always been my go-to restaurant meal because I figured it was too hard to make at home. When I had my last baby , my good friend brought me dinner one night and what did she bring but Chicken Marsala. I’m telling you, I dreamt about that Marsala that night–it was THAT good!
I begged her for the recipe and have made this dinner countless times since then.
I hope you enjoy it as much as my family does.
Recipe for Chicken Marsala
This recipe is definitely one of my Easy Kid Friendly Recipes that I pull out time and time again!
- Here is how you make it:
- 3 boneless chicken strips
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- ¾ c chopped onion
- 1 lb sliced white mushrooms
- 2 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 c Marsala Wine
- 4 oz Mascarpone or Cream Cheese
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- Take 3 boneless Chicken Breasts butterflied and cut into strips and dredge the stripes in flour seasoned with salt and pepper and brown in pan with a little olive oil.
- Remove chicken to a plate and add olive oil, butter and. chopped onion to pan and sautee until soft.
- Add sliced white mushrooms and chopped garlic and cook until soft (about 8 minutes).
- Add Marsala wine and cook until wine is reduced by half.
- Once reduced add mascarpone cheese (or cream cheese) and Dijon mustard and stir until creamy.
- Add strips back into pan and finish in oven at 350 degrees for 18 minutes.
One final note: You can make this recipe ahead of time up until putting it in the oven. I typically start it early in the day, put it in the fridge until dinnertime and then do the final cooking in the oven so it ready for dinner.