This is a sponsored post on behalf of GIANT Food Stores but all opinions are 100% my own.
Every year for Christmas my girls and I bake up a storm in the kitchen and love to find ways to incorporate family recipes into new and exciting recipes that my whole family loves. My kids are all big peanut butter and jelly fans so I decided to use my great-grandmother’s Peanut butter cookies recipe to make Peanut Butter and Jelly Thumbprint Cookies–and boy, were they a hit with the family!
Related Post: Hershey Kiss Peanut Butter Cookies
Growing up I spent a lot of time with my great-grandmother, who was an awesome baker and make fresh treats daily. She was especially known for her yummy cookies, and I have such fond memories of spending time with her, in the kitchen, baking with her -my job was always to cream the butter and sugar together —and now I love to spend time in my kitchen with my kids sharing those same memories and traditions.
Know what else I love? Being able to bake whenever we want because we always have baking ingredients on had. I love to stock up on staples such as butter, flour and sugar when I shop at GIANT Food Stores because they always have such great deals on holiday baking needs. That way whenever the baking mood strikes we can just get in the kitchen and bake! I also love to look through the GIANT Savory magazine for baking inspiration and new recipes, it always features yummy seasonal recipes and has lots of money saving coupons as well.
Peanut Butter and Jelly Thumbprint Cookies
- ½ c brown sugar
- ½ cuo granulared sugar
- ½ cup butter softened
- 1 egg
- 1 c peanut butter
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp honey
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1½ c flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup jelly (we used Strawberry but any flavor will work)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cream together butter and sugars. Beat together the egg, peanut butter, vanilla and honey and add to sugar/butter mixture.
- Sift together flour, soda and salt and gradually add to peanut butter mixture blending until smooth.
- Roll mixture into small balls and roll in sugar if desired. Place on greased cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes
- Remove cookies from oven and flatten slightly with the end of a wooden spoon to make a slight indentation.
- Bake for an additional 5 or 6 minutes until edges are crispy.
- Remove from oven and cool completely.
- Place jelly in a small pan and cook over low heat, stirring often. When jelly is a liquid consistency spoon on top of cooled cookies and allow jelly to harden.
One lucky NEPA MOM reader will win a $25 GIANT Food Store gift card to help them with their holiday baking.a Rafflecopter giveaway