Every winter, my skin gets really dry and cracked. I don’t know if it is the fact that the heat is on, the fact that I take really HOT showers or that my skin is covered up so I don’t realize how dry my skin is until it starts to crack and itch but it does. It gets itchy and my skin cracks, especially on my hands and my feet–and it isn’t pretty!
Over the past few months I have been trying to use more natural, essential oiled based products so I was thrilled to find this “recipe” for a Lemon and Honey Foot Scrub. I LOVE anything lemon scented and this scrub smells fab-u-lous! Plus it is so simple to make and costs pennies too!
Lemon and Honey Foot Scrub
This recipe makes about 2 16 oz. jars or 4 small jars.
- 1 cup Epsom salt
- 1 cup sugar – use organic cane sugar, brown sugar, or regular granulated
- 2 Tbsp raw honey
- 1 cup coconut oil (melt it down into a liquid form)
- 8-10 drops Lemon essential oil
- In a medium sized bowl add Epsom salt and sugar to a bowl and combine fully.
- Slowly begin stirring in the oil until mixture is smooth, but not goopy. (You may not need to use the full cup of oil.)
- Add the honey and stir well, then mix in the essential oil.
- Store in an air tight jar or container
*Please scroll to the bottom of the page for information on how to order your own Essential Oils.*
Lemon Sugar Scrub
HOW TO ORDER YOUNG LIVING ESSENTIAL OILS:
1. Click Here to begin the enrollment process.
2. Select Wholesale Member so you can get the discount!
3. My member # is 2860954. It should auto-populate in the form, but just in case it doesn’t there you have it.
4. Select your starter kit. The Premium Starter Kit truly is the best value because it comes with eleven bottles of the most versatile oils PLUS a diffuser which is one of the best ways to use your oils (diffusers cost $99 if purchased retail.)
5. It will ask if you’d like to join Essential Rewards. ER is a fantastic program and as a business builder you’ll want to be enrolled, but feel free to skip signing up for Essential Rewards at this time.
6. Check out and as soon as you get your confirmation. Once you check out I will get an email and I’ll email you with further instructions.