Summer is coming to an end and the heads will be heading back to school in the coming weeks, if they haven’t already.
If you are looking to get in a last minute trip before the hustle and bustle of fall sports and activities starts up now is the perfect time to head to the LEGOLAND Discovery Center in Westchester NY. Back in the Spring my family and I got the change to go to the LEGOLAND Discovery Center for the weekend and we had a fabulous time and it is a short and easy 2 hour drive from NEPA.
Right now you can save 20% off ticket prices, so tickets are $17.60 per adult and $15.20 per child (plus applicable taxes).
Here are the instructions for purchasing tickets:
- Tickets must be purchased online by clicking here with a limit of 5 adult and 5 child tickets per transaction (max purchase = 10 tickets).
- Enter your promo code: MBNM-NZ15
- Follow the prompts to complete the purchase
Here are some upcoming events at the LEGOLAND Discovery Center:
- The 2016 Miss Westchester & Miss Hudson Valley Pageants are coming soon! Held on Sunday, August 30 at 4:00 p.m. at the White Plains Performing Arts Center in White Plains, the event will bring in hundreds of people looking to see who will take this year’s crowns. An exciting event, the Miss Westchester Pageants & Miss Hudson Valley Pageants competitions are divided into three equally scored categories: Interview, Swimsuit, and Evening Gown. The judging is based on poise, personality, intelligence and beauty. For more information, visit westchesterpageants.com.
- “Meet Me” for a Circus, Crafts and Music
- Experience the art, music and soul of Sleepy Hollow with Circus Latino! at Tarrytown Music Hall from Friday, September 18 to Sunday, September 20. New to Westchester, Circus Latino! will provide five shows of circus dance and art for all to enjoy, plus Brazilian and Ecuadorian music. For more information on event hours and ticket cost, visit www.visitsleepyhollow.com or call (914) 631-1000.
- The Fall Crafts at Lyndhurst will usher in the fall with the rose garden in bloom and the autumn leaves beginning to change along the majestic Hudson River from Friday, September 18 to Sunday, September 20. This year, 300 artists will fill the grounds of the Neo-Gothic Lyndhurst estate offering the first taste of fall shopping, as well as exciting activities including tours of the Lyndhurst mansion, live music, kid’s activities, gourmet specialty foods and craft demonstrations – providing a great day for the entire family at one of America’s most beautiful landmarks. Lyndhurst is located at 635 South Broadway in Tarrytown. For more information on event hours and ticket cost, visit lyndhurst.org.
- Westchester County thrives with music and culture and the 2015 SoWe Music Festival is a great example of how music is celebrated in the county. To be held on Saturday, September 19, the event will feature multiple stages, dozens of top national and regional artists including Marc Cohn, Felix Cavaliere’s Rascals, Shawn Mullins, David Johansen, Steve Forbert, Willie Nile, and others. The festivities will include beer, wine, food trucks, carnival rides and more. The SoWe Music Festival will take place at Harbor Island Park in Mamaroneck. For more information, visit sowemusicfestival.com.
Enjoy your visit!