My son has always had a hard time falling asleep, and it wasn’t until recently when I started diffusing essential oils in his room has his sleep improved. Even when I forget to put in on in his room he comes and reminds me to do it, it helps him that much. I think it is a combination of the soothing sounds of the diffuser, the warm mist filling his room and of course, the smell of lavender wafting through his room that helps. When I feel like we need a little more immune support before bed I also add some thieves oil to the diffusers so I am really excited to try out this recipe for Lavender Infused Homemade Cream to see if this also helps him fall asleep quickly.
Lavender Infused Homemade Cream–also great for Immune Support
Makes about 16 ounces of sleep salve.
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup olive oil
- 4 tablespoons grated beeswax
- Equal parts lavender and Thieves oil
- Place the coconut oil, olive oil, and grated beeswax in a metal or glass bowl, and heat over a double boiler. Once everything has melted, give it a stir, and then remove from heat.
- Once your mix has slightly cooled add in about 50 drops of Lavender and 50 drops of Thieves essential oils and mix.
- Carefully ladle the warm sleep salve into clean jars, let cool until room temperature. Your sleep salve is ready to use!
- Store close to your bed and smooth onto feet, cover with socks, and snuggle up on nights you’re having a tough time falling asleep. The lavender will help support a good nights rest and the Thieves will support a stronger immune system.
Why this works:
The larger pores in your feet allow the essential oils to quickly absorb and flow through the body, helping you relax. You can also massage into hands, sore muscles, or even your temples for instant calm.
Other uses for Essential Oils:
Leave a Reply