One of my favorite things about working in the Children’s department at work is having fun talking about holiday-themed books. From the classic stories to the new arrivals, I love to read them all. I may get some strange looks from adults, but I just have to read them. Today on Megan’s blog, I am sharing some of the best holiday chapter books for the emerging readers.
- Amy’s Very Merry Christmas (The Critter Club)
- Snowy Wishes. Sue Bentley (Magic Puppy)
- Winter Wonderland #5 (Magic Ponies)
- Captain Awesome Saves the Winter Wonderland
- Junie B., First Grader: Jingle Bells, Batman Smells! (P.S. So Does May)
- Christmas in Camelot (Magic Tree House, No. 29)
- Magic Tree House #44: A Ghost Tale for Christmas Time (A Stepping Stone Book(TM))
- The Fairy Bell Sisters #1: Sylva and the Fairy Ball
- Nate the Great and the Crunchy Christmas
- Magic Reindeer: A Christmas Wish
- My Weird School Special: Deck the Halls, We’re Off the Walls!
- The Best Christmas Pageant Ever
- EllRay Jakes Rocks the Holidays!
So these were my favorite holiday chapter books from this holiday season. I love that all of these books are associated with regular chapter books series, so if your child enjoys them, there are plenty other choices for future reading. These selections make great family reading time, and are perfect for some time alone.
What holiday chapter books would make your list?
Be sure to check out all the family-fun posts Megan has on her blog! Some of my favorites are:
- Best Christmas Books For Mom
- Power Up Your Holidays With Duracell #PowerTheHolidays
- ABC Family Christmas Movies
I am a wife, Mom, and wrangler of 2 four-legged family members. My family and I live in East Central PA and I love coffee(especially iced coffee), reading, and spending time with the family. Working FT as a bookseller fuels my reading addiction, and pays for my coffee obsession. A Philadelphia sports fanatic, baseball Mom, aspiring beach bum and lover of sunshine.