*I am a Hershey Park Sweetest Moms Ambassador but all opinions are 100% my own.*
My family and I like to travel and one of our favorite day trip destination is Hershey PA. Lots of people think that when you want to visit Hersheypark you should only visit in the summer but I love visiting during the “off” season, especially for Halloween and Christmas. I love to visit in the “off” season because the crowds are lower and the park is decorated for the holidays, so the mood is festive. Hersheypark in the Dark is especially fun because the emphasis is on family fun, not scares, so it is very appropriate for young children.
Hersheypark in the Dark kicks off for the 2017 season on October 13th-October 15, October 20-22 and October 27-29th.
Hersheypark in the Dark
- Visiting Hersheypark? Read this before you go!
- Hershey Waterworks at the Hershey Lodge
- Visiting the Butterfly Atrium at the Hershey Gardens
Hersheypark In The Dark Halloween attraction features more than 50 rides and attractions and Halloween-themed live entertainment. Guests visiting the Park will enjoy:
- All 13 roller coasters and Hershey Triple Tower attraction will be open for guests. Laff Trakk coaster will turn off the lights during all operating hours. In addition, the Park will turn off the lights on its three wooden roller coasters during the last hour of each operating evening.
- New for 2017: 13 candy locations in Hershey’s Trick-or-Treat Trail, including Treatville trick-or-treat trail in Hersheypark and ZooAmerica, and Hershey Hollow in Hershey’s Chocolate World Attraction. Children ages 12 and younger are encouraged to come in costume for free treat bags and candy at each stop throughout this whimsical Halloween village.
- Festive fall-themed food and beverages, such as pumpkin funnel cakes and King-Sized pumpkin milkshakes.
- Live entertainment including “Screaming Mummies,” a band of misfit mummies performing throwback Halloween tunes.
Halloween fun isn’t limited to just the park though, all throughout Hershey there is fun to be had!
With fun for the whole family each weekend! Hershey’s Chocolate World Attraction guests enjoy:
- Festive fall fun during Full Moon Fridays (Oct. 13, 20, 27).
- New surprises in Hershey Hallow (Don’t forget your costumes).
Included in the one-price admission to Hersheypark In The Dark Halloween attraction, guests are invited to bring a flashlight for the Creatures Of The Night experience program at ZooAmerica after 6 pm. Separate admission is also available at the Zoo’s off-street entrance. Halloween In Hershey is the only time of the year when guests can visit after dark and experience:
- Viewing the nocturnal habits of the Zoo’s residents.
- Watching as Naturalists offer pumpkin treats to select animals.
Overnight guests of Hershey Lodge receive exclusive access to Hershey’s Water Works at Hershey Lodge. The indoor pool complex includes two interactive indoor pools, Twizzlers Twists Slides, Reese’s Water Walk, water play structures, 24-hour arcade and the Cocoa Cabana dining location with a full bar.
The Hersheypark In The Dark Package (one day stay) is available at The Hotel Hershey and Hershey Lodge during the Halloween season:
- Available October 13 – 29, 2017 (Friday and Saturday nights).
- Package Includes: Deluxe accommodations, breakfast per person with Hershey’s Characters, one-day admission to Hersheypark In The Dark Halloween attraction per person, admission to Hershey Gardens (including the year-round Butterfly Atrium), and admission to The Hershey Story’s Museum Experience.
New for 2017 is the Hersheypark Happy Halloween Package, available at The Hotel Hershey and Hershey Lodge during the Halloween season:
- Available October 13 – 29, 2017 (two-night stay on Friday and Saturday nights).
- Package Includes: Deluxe accommodations for two nights, breakfast per person per day with Hershey’s Characters, two-day admission to Hersheypark In The Dark Halloween attraction per person, admission to Hershey Gardens (including the year-round Butterfly Atrium), and admission to The Hershey Story’s Museum Experience.
Want to pamper yourself too? The Spa At The Hotel Hershey resort spa features special fall-themed treatments, including:
- Pumpkin Latte Manicure and Pedicure, September 1 – November 30, $140 Mon-Thurs, $150 Fri-Sun, Available October 1 – November 30
- Pumpkin Spice Scrub, $75 Mon-Thurs, $80, Fri-Sun
- Pumpkin Souffle Wrap, $130 Mon-Thurs, $140, Fri-Sun
- Fall Pumpkin Immersion, $195 Mon-Thurs, $205, Fri-Sun
- The Great Pumpkin Facial, $135 Mon-Thurs, $145 Fri-Sun
- Fall Pumpkin Package, $315 Mon-Thurs, $345, Fri-Sun
New for 2017 is MeltSpa by Hershey day spa. Located in the heart of downtown Hershey at 11 E Chocolate Ave., MeltSpa by Hershey features exclusive Hershey’s Dark Chocolate Treatments and additional services including:
- Hershey’s Dark Chocolate Sugar Scrub
- Hershey’s Dark Chocolate Body Wrap
- Hershey’s Sweet Hands & Feet Dark Chocolate Treatment
Visitors can learn about the history of chocolate at The Hershey Story, The Museum on Chocolate Avenue, as part of the following events:
- Halloween-themed classes in the Chocolate Lab: “Chocolate Cobweb Creations” and “Build a Batty Bar.” Participants also learn how cocoa beans are transformed into their favorite chocolate confections. Chocolate Lab classes require ticket purchase; individuals must be at least four years old to enter the lab.
- On Saturdays (October 14, 21 and 28) children who visit the Museum Experience at The Hershey Story can create their very own monster pop using a Hershey’s milk chocolate bar, decorative icing and edible candy eyes. They’ll also receive a vintage Hershey’s mask to assemble. For a fun Halloween photo opportunity, children are encouraged to come dressed in their favorite costume and pose in front of a vintage Hershey’s advertising backdrop. Included in Museum Experience admission while supplies last
Hershey Gardens is illuminated with more than 150 uniquely carved pumpkins during Pumpkin Glow, from 6 to 8:30 p.m. on October 21, 22, 28 and 29. Kids ages 12 and younger are invited to bring a flashlight, come in costume, trick-or-treat throughout the Gardens and enjoy the following activities:
- Watch live pumpkin carving demonstrations.
- See a unique collection of live spiders and insects in the Educational & Horticultural Wing of the Milton & Catherine Hershey Conservatory. Please note, the Butterfly Atrium will be closed during Pumpkin Glow hours.
Classic Films return to Hershey Theatre on Saturday, October 21. Two timeless Halloween films will be shown in this majestic theatre. Tickets for each film are $8.
- “Hocus Pocus” at 7 p.m.
- “The Rocky Horror Picture Show” at 11:59 p.m. Rocky Horror Prop Bags also will be on sale for $8.
Whether you are heading down for the weekend or just a quick day trip there is plenty to see and do during Hersheypark in the Dark. Enjoy your visit!