Yesterday, a friend on Facebook was asking for some snack suggestions for her kids since she is trying to help them eat healthier and make better choices and that made me think about what my kids eat throughout the day.
I will admit, we aren’t perfect eaters, my kids eat candy, crackers and chips just like every other kid but I do feel that overall my kids are pretty healthy eaters. I have always been lucky that my kids are good eaters and aren’t overly picky,with the exception of one who really doesn’t like the taste of meat–but I just make sure that she gets enough protein in other, non meat eating ways.
I decided to compile a list of Healthy Kid Snack Ideas that are great for older babies, toddlers and school aged kids to snack on or to take for their lunches or easy dinners.
Healthy Kid Snack Ideas
- Strawberries and blueberries
- Peanut Butter Granola Bites
- Trail mix
- Raw carrots with dip
- Celery with peanut butter
- Peanut Butter Granola Apple Bites
- Sliced bell peppers
- Cucumber Slices
- Low fat string cheese
- Hard boiled eggs--make sure to check out my tips for perfect eggs everytime!
- Air popped popcorn (add a splash of butter and some parmesan cheese!YUM!)
- Tortilla rollups with low fat ham or turkey
- Homemade Tortilla chips with salsa
- Peanut Butter and Jelly on honey wheat bread
- English Muffin pizzas
- Greek yogurt
- Homemade Blueberry Muffins
- Banana Bread
- Blueberry Banana bread
- Cucumber and Tomato salad
- Homemade Strawberry Milk
- Yogurt Parfaits
- Cheese Quesadillas
- Egg Burritos
- Blueberry breakfast bars
What would YOU add to this list?