So I have a new obsession…grilled Nachos! O-M-goodness they are so good! I don’t typically order Nachos when I am out at restaurants because I don’t always like all the extras that they put on them but I recently started making them at home for my family.
I think we have had them 4 times this week alone–my whole family LOVES this as a hearty snack so they have been perfect to work in around our swim team and baseball schedules this week. Plus I love how they are customizable to my families taste preferences and a great way to use up leftover taco meat!
You can make these either on your grill or in the oven, I have done them both ways and they are both delicious but there is definitely a benefit to doing them on the grill. The grill gives them a delicious smoky flavor and it doesn’t make my house hot from using the oven. The key to making them on the grill is to use a grill pan like this Cuisinart Nacho Grilling Platter–and let me tell you cleanup is a snap!
Give them a try and see what you think!
- Tortilla Chips
- Taco flavored ground beef ( I used the meat left over from Taco Night!)
- Shredded Cheese
- Black Olives
- Whatever else you want to add!
- Layer meat, cheese and tortilla chips on a nonstick grill pan
- Grill over medium heat until meat is warmed through and cheese is melted
- Sprinkle with black olives and tomatoes and whatever other accompaniments you want.
Items used in this post: