It’s summer time and that means playing outside having fun with friends, campouts, family time and swimming in the pool. This also means we can count on bug bites, rashes and sunburns and more!
I started thinking about all the ways I would be able to use essential oils for summer and here are some of the ways I came up with:
Peppermint Essential Oil:
- Dilute and apply 1-3 drops after a workout
- Apply 1-2 drops to promote healthy skin
- Add 1-3 drops into a glass of water to cool you down and give you an energy boost.
- Inhale or sniff Peppermint Essential oils to support healthy sinuses.
- Get rid of pesky bugs by mixing a few drops into a spray bottle with water and spray on areas where spiders and ants enter your home.
- Diffuse or inhale to aid in concentration, focus and alertness. We all know how hard it is to work when it’s gorgeous outside.
Purification Essential Oil:
- Apply a drop to skin to relieve itching
- Add a few drops to the washing machine to freshen up those summer clothes that have been put away.
- Spritz a few drops onto bed sheets or towels and hang them out to dry in the sunshine.
- Make a simple outdoor spray by placing 10 drops into a small spray bottle and mix with water. You can also add other oils as well such as peppermint, eucalyptus and lavender.
Lavender Essential Oil:
- Dab 1-3 drops to the wrists and ankles to naturally ward off pesky flies
- Apply a drop behind your pets ears to calm them during thunderstorms, fireworks or car rides
- After a long day of summertime fun you can guarantee a good nights sleep by diffusing or add 1-3 drops onto bottoms of feet, wrists, behind the ears and back of the neck
- Make an after sun spray by mixing coconut oil with 4-6 drops of lavender oil and apply to affected areas
Lemon Essential Oil:
- Diffuse to freshen and clean the air in your home. The scent is very refreshing and energizing!
- Add 1-2 drops to flavor your water, it also works to detox and helps with digestion.
- Naturally clean fresh fruits and veggies by adding cool water and 2-3 drops of lemon oil into the water
Frankincense Essential Oil:
- Apply 1-3 drops to your face with a light carrier oil to promote a healthy complexion and summertime glow
- Calming and Relaxing when diffused or inhaled
- May help smooth the appearance of healthy looking skin
Thieves Essential Oil:
- Make Clean up easy by using a homemade Thieves All Purpose Spray. Combine 2-3 parts water with 1 part vinegar and 10 drops of Thieve Essential oils. Use this mixture to wipe down counters and tables.
- Give everyone’s immune system a boost and support a healthy immune system by diluting with a carrier oil and apply 1-2 drops to the bottoms of feet.
There literally hundreds ways to use essential oils all year round. I personally use the Young Living Essential Oils in my home and love they way they smell, in fact I have Lemon diffusing right now!
If you have ever wondered about Young Living Essential oils and want to give them a try in your own home, now is a great time! From now through August 14th Young Living is offering a major discount of 10% off Premium Starter Kits for existing members and a $10 discount for all new members!
HOW TO ORDER YOUNG LIVING ESSENTIAL OILS:
1. Click Here to begin the enrollment process.
2. Select Wholesale Member so you can get the discount!
3. My member # is 2860954. It should auto-populate in the form, but just in case it doesn’t there you have it.
4. Select your starter kit. The Premium Starter Kit truly is the best value because it comes with eleven bottles of the most versatile oils PLUS a diffuser which is one of the best ways to use your oils (diffusers cost $99 if purchased retail.)
5. It will ask if you’d like to join Essential Rewards. ER is a fantastic program and as a business builder you’ll want to be enrolled, but feel free to skip signing up for Essential Rewards at this time.
6. Check out and as soon as you get your confirmation. Once you check out I will get an email and I’ll email you with further instructions.
That’s easy right?
How do you plan on using your Young Living oils this summer?