Summer is finally here and that means lots of sweet treats! A few weeks ago my family went on our annual beach vacation to Ocean City New Jersey and we visited our favorite ice cream shop named TJ’s. Now I have to admit, I’m not a huge fan of ice cream and most of the time I can take it or leave it but the ice cream at TJ’s is the BEST! It is so creamy and all homemade and it is truly awesome!
Every time we go I get the same thing which is homemade Vanilla Ice Cream with Carmel Cups and Fudge Ripple….but this year I was tempted to try something different and almost got their homemade Strawberry Ice Cream with chocolate chips. I ended up getting my old favorite but I have been thinking about that Strawberry Ice Cream for weeks now and decided to make it at home myself with my ice cream maker.
It was just as delicious as I hoped it would be! It tastes a lot like Choclate Covered Strawberries and it is just rich and cream and delicious. It is a perfect summertime treat that takes very little effort! Making it even easier and cost effective, I used frozen strawberries that I had picked last year from my local u-pick fields.
Easy Strawberry Ice Cream Recipe
- 1½ cups fresh or frozen strawberries ( I used frozen)
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- pinch salt
- 2½ cups heavy cream
- 1½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- Puree strawberries in a food processor Nutribullet until finally chopped. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer or with a hand mixer mix cream, sugar, salt and vanilla until sugar is dissolved. Stir in strawberries and mix well on low speed.
- Cover and refrigerate 1-2 hours or overnight.
- Turn on ice cream maker and pour in strawberry mixture and let mix until thick (about 20 minutes).
- Melt chocolate chips in a glass bowl in microwave and drizzle chocolate mixture into ice cream, mixing well.
- Transfer mixture to an airtight container and freeze until desired consistency.
Items used to make recipe:
Other sweet treats: