My kids are getting older and growing each and every day. My son is 13 and I swear he eats every 45 minutes–I say he is always hungry like a newborn baby! Truthfully, it’s not just my son, its my daughters too, especially since they are competitive swimmers so they are always burning a ton of calories so I need to make sure that I always have plenty of healthy snacks on hand to fuel them up and keep them going. I am always looking for Healthy Kid Snacks so I wanted to share with you my Easy Snacking Tips for busy kids.
I always have a variety of snacks in the house, so there is always something for them to eat before practice or for 3rd breakfast ( in the case of my son!) but I try to make sure that the snacks are healthy and convenient to grab at a moments notice, especially when we head out on a last minute road trip.
During the warmer months we like to take impromptu road trips or just head to the lake for the day so it is always important to have some easy, healthy snacks that can be ready in minutes.
Healthy Kid Snacks
- Fresh fruits and veggies–Whenever we head out I always take along a bag of baby carrots, some cut up peppers and a bag of apples. They are perfect in the car or on a picnic, don’t make a mess and provide just the right amount of crunch.
- Snacks with protein such as string cheese also help keep my kids full and satisfy their hungry bellies.
- Trail mix is always a hit as we can customize it to everyone’s liking and has the perfect blend of salty and sweet.
- Popcorn is a favorite of the kids and I love it because it isn’t greasy and it is a very inexpensive snack.
- Fruit Snack Bars– I love the CVS Gold Emblem Abound Fruit Snack bars because they contain 2 services of fruit per bar and made of 100% real fruit! They are sweet and chewy and a perfect alternative to candy so they are always a hit on road trips.
- Finally, my youngest who is four really loves the Gold Emblem Greek Yogurt Covered Raisins. They are sweet and just the perfect size for little hands.
What healthy kid snacks do you keep in the house ?
Disclosure: I’m proud to partner with CVS Pharmacy to promote their exclusive Gold Emblem and Gold Emblem abound snack lines. I am being sponsored by CVS Pharmacy for my posts and activities, but all opinions expressed are my own, and all product claims or program details shared should be verified at CVS.com or with the appropriate manufacturers.