This is a #sponsored post on behalf of #McCormickBaking. I was compensated for this post but all opinions are 100% my own.
I love all the special treats and goodies during the holidays and especially the abundance of Peppermint Bark. I LOVE Peppermint Bark and it seems like every candy maker has their own version and all the version are oh, so good!!
Well imagine how happy I was when I found a super easy, super yummy recipe for Peppermint Bark using McCormick Pure Peppermint Extract. Peppermint Bark whenever I want it? YES PLEASE!
I actually made two different kinds of Bark, but I used the same recipe and just modified it a bit.
Recipe for Peppermint Bark
- 1 package (12 ounces) white chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon
- McCormick® Pure Peppermint Extract
- 8 drops
- McCormick® Red Food Color
- ½ cup crushed peppermint candies
- Microwave chocolate chips in large microwavable bowl on HIGH for 1½ to 2 minutes or until almost melted, stirring after 1 minute. Stir until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is smooth. Stir in peppermint extract.
- Spread on large foil-lined baking sheet to ¼-inch thickness. Add food color, drop by drop, over mixture. Using a wooden skewer, swirl color through chocolate. Sprinkle with crushed candies, pressing lightly into chocolate with spatula.
- Refrigerate about 10 minutes or until firm. Break into irregular pieces to serve. Store in covered container at cool room temperature or in refrigerator up to 5 days.
- : To make the White/Milk Chocolate Bark I melted one package of milk chocolate chips in the microwave for 1 minute 30 seconds. I stirred until smooth and creamy and then spread out on the foil covered cookie sheet. I then put in the refrigerator harden. Once cool, I then started with Step 1(white chocolate chips).
This recipe is really so easy I can’t believe I haven’t done it before. Because all of the items are pantry items you can stock up and then make it whenever you need a fast, easy treat during the holidays.
Here is the original recipe (this is for the white bark)