I love the smell of Peppermint and especially when it is used in a sugar scrub. It is just so cool and refreshing and it is a great way to wake you up in the morning or when you are feeling a little nasally. Even though they look complicated, homemade sugar scrubs are really easy to make and they make great gifts for the holidays or for teacher gifts. I especially like this Peppermint Sugar Scrub this time of year and it makes great holiday gifts for teachers and others in your life.
Peppermint Sugar Scrub
- 2 cups white or cane sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (use more or less depending on desired consistency)
- Natural Red food coloring (you can also use regular food coloring if you wish)
- Peppermint essential oil
- Mason jar(s) with lid (makes multiple 4oz and 1/2 pint jars or 1 full pint jar)
- Pour sugar into medium sized mixing bowl
- Add coconut oil until desired consistency is reached; stir
- Place a few drops of peppermint essential oil into the mixture
- Divide your sugar scrub mix into two equal portions
- Add a drop or two of food coloring into one of the portions until you reach the color of red you would like
- In Mason jar, alternate pink and white layers of sugars to create a “candy cane” effect. Press sugar down with a spoon to compact between layers.
- Attach a cute label to your jar and you have a great DIY gift anyone will be sure to love!
Other Uses for Essential Oils:
HOW TO ORDER YOUNG LIVING ESSENTIAL OILS:
1. Click Here to begin the enrollment process.
2. Select Wholesale Member so you can get the discount!
3. My member # is 2860954. It should auto-populate in the form, but just in case it doesn’t there you have it.
4. Select your starter kit. The Premium Starter Kit truly is the best value because it comes with eleven bottles of the most versatile oils PLUS a diffuser which is one of the best ways to use your oils (diffusers cost $99 if purchased retail.)
5. It will ask if you’d like to join Essential Rewards. ER is a fantastic program and as a business builder you’ll want to be enrolled, but feel free to skip signing up for Essential Rewards at this time.
6. Check out and as soon as you get your confirmation. Once you check out I will get an email and I’ll email you with further instructions.