My kids LOVE bacon, especially my son, but I really dislike having to stand over the hot grease waiting for the bacon to cook. Trying to time the bacon to be ready at the same time as the pancakes or waffles then drove me batty and I would then either end up with bacon that was too soft or too crispy.
A friend told me about how she has started Cooking Bacon in the Oven so I gave it a try. The results were great, my kids still loved their bacon and it was no muss/no fuss! It was so easy it is almost embarrasing. Here is how you do it.
- 1. Put a sheet of tin-foil down on a cookie sheet.
- 2. Spread the bacon on the tin-foil
- 3. Place your bacon in the oven.
- 4. Turn oven to 400 degrees
- 5. Bake for 15-18 minutes depending on how crispy you like your bacon.
- That's it! Super easy and this bacon is perfect for sandwiches because it stays flat.