Chocolate Covered Pretzels are one of my favorite sweet treats and my kids love them as well….and really, what isn’t there to love? It is sweet and salty all in one yummy bite! I always got them from a specialty shop in my town until I realized just how easy they are to make at home. Now I make them as a sweet treat for me and the kids for a fraction of the cost.
I made them this week in reds and pinks for Valentine’s Day but the great part about them is you can customize to your own personal preference by changing up the type of chocolate you use, what shape pretzels and what types of sprinkles to add. My kids love to make their own and customize them n their own way.
Any way you make them they are just YUMMY!
Chocolate Covered Pretzels Recipe
- 1 bag of Pretzel Rods
- 1 bag milk chocolate chips
- ½ bag of white chocolate chips
- Sprinkles for garnishing
- Place the milk chocolate chips in a glass bowl and microwave for 1 minute. Stir well and then microwave for 30 seconds. Continue alternating stirring/microwaving until the chips are melted and smooth.
- Place a large amount of melted milk chocolate on a flat surface( I used a plate) and roll until coated.
- Place on a lightly greased cookie sheet or a cookie sheet covered by parchment paper.
- Continue until all pretzels are done.
- Melt the white chocolate chips the same way as the milk chocolate chips. Once melted dip the tines of a fork in and then drizzle the white chocolate over the milk chocolate covered sticks.
- Add sprinkles and place in the freezer for 10 minutes to allow the chocolate to harden.
Hope you enjoy this sweet and easy treat!
Want more Valentine’s Day Inspiration?
More Easy Recipes: