I am always looking for ways to save both time and money and one of my favorite things to do is to repurpose leftovers into other meals. My daughter loves to eat a breakfast burrito in the morning (or really any time of day!) but the frozen ones in the grocery store can be pricey so I started making my own from leftovers and my kids all love them.
They are easy to make, save you time in the morning and save you money since you are using up all your leftovers. You can customize them to fit your own special food likes and dislikes but adding your own ingredients but I like to keep them pretty simple so my kids eat them.
Here is my Breakfast Burrito recipe–remember you can customize it any way you like!
Breakfast Burrito Recipe
- Flour Tortillas
- Leftover taco meat
- Leftover Eggs
- Any other items you enjoy in your tacos--suggestions include cheese, olives, taco sauce or salsa.
- Take your leftover meat and eggs and mix them together. Add cheese if you like.
- Place your flour tortilla on a piece of aluminum foil and spoon leftover meat and cheese mixture on top, adding cheese and other items if you wish.
- Roll up tortilla like a burrito and wrap it in the aluminum foil.
- Place in Ziploc bag and freeze.
- When ready to eat just unwrap from the aluminum foil and wrap in a wet paper towel. Place on a microwave safe dish and cook for 45 sec- 1minute, until desired warmth.
Need some more Family Friendly Recipes and information on How to Freeze food?
- Click here for even more Family Friendly Recipes!
- Click here for more information on How to Freeze foods to make your life easier!