For the past five years my family has made a trip to Ocean City, NJ for our annual vacation. We rent the same oceanfront beach house, invite the grandparents to come along and we all have a great time. Because we have gone for some many years my kids really look forward to going and visiting their favorite tourist spots.
Here is my family’s choices for the Best of Ocean City New Jersey:
1. Best Miniature Golf:
- Congo Falls Adventure Golf–Congo Falls is actually 3 golf courses all at one location on the Boardwalk. There is Solomon’s Mine, Congo Queen and The Lost City which is actually located completely indoors and is air conditioned, which makes it perfect for hot days when you want to get off the beach. My family and I like to do the Solomon’s Mine course which is appropriate for all ages. This particular course is mainly covered, as you travel in and out of the mine caves. It is a fun time, and my daughter was excited to get a hole in one! This is a place that we go back to time and time again.
- Runner up: Pirate Island, 9th Street, Ocean City– This was a fun place to miniature golf and my kids had a great time. The theme is a Pirate Island and the only drawback in my opinion is that it isn’t part of the boardwalk so we needed to drive and then head to the boardwalk after. It is a great place to go if you are looking to escape the boardwalk for a few hours though.
2. Best Boardwalk Rides:
- Playland’s Castaway Cove–Playland isn’t a large place and it doesn’t have super big rides but it is PERFECT for kids! My kids love all the rides and they are all age appropriate so even my little ones get to ride the rides with the big ones. There is a train, a few roller coasters, a fun house, a Ferris wheel, arcade games, a carousel and a big slide! There really is something for everyone and my kids could spend all day there. It is the perfect ending to a beach day or something fun to do when you have just had enough of the sand.
3. Coastal Baby Rentals: Coastal Baby Rentals offers a wide range of items for rent, including bath items, beach toys, car seats, activity centers, toys and more. Click here for my full review of Coastal Baby Rentals.
All of the items she offers are brand names and are:
- Certified by Juvenile Product Manufacturer’s Association (JPMA)
- Meet all American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) standards
- Thoroughly sanitized using Seventh Generation® Green cleaning products
4. Sunkissed Concierge, LLC: If you are staying in a hotel then many times you don’t have to take as much with you but when you stay in a condo or rent a private home you often have to take everything with you, including linens, toiletries, kitchen items etc. and space in the car is always at a premium when traveling with kids. That’s where Sunkissed Concierge comes in. They have a variety of packages available to chose from, including luxury linen rentals, bed and bath, beach and pool, crib and kitchen essentials and more. They will also do grocery shopping for you as part of their Kitchen Essentials package and have your food waiting for you when you get there!
All in all we have a great time when we visit Ocean City NJ!
Want to read more about my families travel adventures? Make sure to click here!
Disclosure: I was provided review items and/or complimentary tickets to facilitate my review. All opinions are my own.