Like any busy mom I sometimes feel like I could spend all day cleaning and never get anything accomplished, and with 5 kids laundry is something that never seems like it is done.
I swear, the laundry basket can go from empty to overflowing in what seems like less than 5 seconds–and that is just with clothes that we wear. Add in extras like towels and bedding….it is enough to make me want to scream.
Thankfully, I have developed 5 Doable Laundry Tips for Taming the Laundry Beast in my house and I hope they help you too!
1. Assign certain tasks for certain days–One day I realized that the bedding wasn’t getting washed as often as I would like so I decided to assign certain days for certain bedding. Each kid has a certain day their bedding gets washed so on that day they are responsible for stripping their bed and bringing their bedding to the laundry room.
2. Get the kids involved–Everyone makes the clothes dirty so everyone should help get them clean them, right?All of them help fold and put away their own stuff-even the 3 year old “helps.”
3. Wash your clothes in cold water–this saves you time because you don’t have to worry about separating your clothes before washing AND it saves you money because you don’t have to warm up the water. It also helps cut down on the wear and tear on your clothing since warm water can break down the fibers of your clothes quicker.
4. Put away your clean clothes as soon as they are folded— I will admit, this is the area that I struggle with the most! I have no problem getting laundry washed and folded, I just get lazy when it comes to putting it away (even though I make the kids do most of it!). If I don’t do it right away then I end up having baskets of clean clothes all around the house.
5. Use detergents that are safe for everyone in your family–my youngest has really sensitive skin and I have to be careful what detergents I use. To be honest with you, I tried going without dryer sheets recently and my family all begged me to start using them again since everything was so static filled. It is well worth the money!
Click here to learn more about all free and clean products and more ways to help tame the laundry beast in your house!
What tips do you have to add to make YOUR life easier?