The 4th of July is almost here and I love this easy 4th of July Flower Pot! It is cute and easy and will look great on your porch or patio this summer!
I have some great crafts and recipes to share with you but first, I’m all about easy DIY projects and this easy 4th of July planter doesn’t get any easier and is sure to get compliments from everyone.
4th of July Flower Pot
- Terra Cotta Pot
- Red Acrylic Paint
- White Acrylic Paint
- Blue Acrylic Paint
- Foam brush
- Small Paint Brush
- Star Stickers
- Start by adding your star stickers to the rim of the flower pot. I used a thick, foamy sticker so that they would pop out.
- Paint the rim of the pot blue. You can paint right over the top of the stickers! I also painted around the rim of the inside of my pot.
- Paint the lower half of the pot white. Luckily the paint will dry on the terra cotta pretty quickly, so no down time!
- Then, using your foam brush you are going to create a red stripe right under the rim. You can use masking tape if you want, but it’s not necessary. The foam brush has a steady line that will help. Your lines don’t have to be perfect. That is part of the charm of this project!
- Then, create a red stripe around the base of the pot.
- Now that you have your top and bottom lines painted it will be easier for you to eyeball your middle two strips. Paint them on.
- Paint over the star stickers with white paint and let dry.
- If you would like, use sandpaper to lightly sand some of the paint away. This will give it a distressed and aged look.
- Plant your favorite flowers and enjoy!
Here are some additional 4th of July Crafts, Recipes and Games for you to enjoy this weekend:
- American Cannons from Four Hats and Frugal
- Oh Say Can You See Handprint Flag from Wine to Whine
- 4th of July Rocket Flag from Wine to Whine
- DIY Patriotic Picnic Caddy from The Centsible Life
- 4th of July Fondant Cupcake Toppers from A Turtle’s Life for Me
- Red, White and Blue Oatmeal Cookies from How Does Your Garden Grow
- 20 + Red, White and Blue Recipes from Momma Lew
- Red, White and Blue Sprinkle Cookie Recipe from Momma Lew
- Red, White and Blueberry Trifle from How Does Your Garden Grow
- Easy Puff Pastry Berry Cheese Danish from Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps
- Flag Fruit Pizza from Mama Cheaps
- Independence Day Pie from Chef’s Last Diet
- Poppyseed Fruit Salad from Stay Fit Mom
- Red, White and Blue Oreos from A Day in Candiland
Looking for another great 4th of July Craft?